This indicator shows/counts/filters gaps on a chart
There are several versions: Simple, Pro and Zones. This is the Simple version. The Differences are listed below.
- Simple: shows/counts gaps, changes color based on gap dir (2 colors), filters out price gaps within session, large gaps, and high gaps
- Pro: +shows all types of gaps, multi color, more filters (time gaps, , etc)
- Zones: +shows gaps as dynamic horiz zones
- highlights gaps using barcolor and plotchar chars (2 colors x 2 dirs)
- can show/hide gaps/chars based on gap dir
- changes color of gaps/chars based on gap dir
- displays chars above/below bar based on gap dir
- can filter out price gaps, large gaps, and high gaps
- counts all filtered gaps
Good Luck! Feel free to reuse the code and make it your own
- fixed 'Show Only Price Gaps' flag which incorrectly showed time gaps: replaced with 2 separate flags for price and time gaps now (2 separate gap types)
- time gaps are now marked with proper gap char '>' which can also be displayed above/below bars based on gap dir
- added filter for time gaps spanning less than N period bars (timerange gaps)
- added wick-wick overlapping flag for gap type mode 2. Now there are 2 modes: full gaps (no overlapping, default), wick-wick overlapping (partial gap)
- renamed to KGBHunter_RRB (without space)
- changed gap counter color to red
Please update to the latest version.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.
- updates to Multi SMA EMA WMA HMA BB family - please update to the latest version
I'm currently working on many other indicators.
Coming Soon (various stages of completion):
- Inside Bar Breakout Expert
- Show Pivots (Fractal, Zigzag)
- Auto Supply/Demand Zones
- Auto Support/Resistance Levels
- Equilibrium System
- MACD/EWO MTF CC Confirmed Close
- MTF Trend Signals Floating Panel
- RSI Auto Divergence
- MACD/EWO Auto Divergence
- Auto Fib Mesh