In the context of general equities, opening price that is substantially higher or lower than the previous day's closing price, usually because of some extraordinarily positive or negative news. Opening gap using as a potential target which market usually trades to.
added ability to extend gap box to the end of the day or week
- Added new day opening gap
- C.E. (Consequent Encroachment) of gaps
fix: do not show labels if there are no gaps
Added option to choose between previous day close and current open GAP and 5pm to 6pm GAP (There is a big difference between these gaps)
- changeable amount of nwogs
- ability to extend previous nwogs to the end of the current day/week
- 5pm to 6pm GAP option applicable to nwog too now
- changeable color of C.E. line
fixed previous nwog on 1 minute chart because of tradingview historical bar limit
- changeable amount of NDOGs
- ability to extend previous NDOGs to current day
- fixed ndogs extension to current day
- added ability to change label size, color and position
- added day label for ndog and period label for nwog
- added ability to change color of previous ndogs and nwogs
- added ability to change C.E. line style
- added price labels of high C.E. and low for each ndog and nwog
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.
Want to use this script on a chart?