An essential tool for disciplined traders seeking to avoid making hasty decisions based on active bars that have not yet closed.
Have you ever found yourself eagerly anticipating an entry, only to be tempted by an active candle that starts to pull away? Or perhaps you've been caught in a trade where an active candle pushes against you, stirring unease and uncertainty. Fear not, for we have a solution!
"Hide Active Candle" is a simple Pine Script indicator designed to ghost the active bar on your chart, reinforcing the importance of patiently waiting for its closure before making any trading decisions. By masking the active candle, this indicator serves as a constant reminder to exercise caution and to base your actions on solid, confirmed information.
To make the most of this powerful tool, ensure that you are using a candlestick chart, as this script operates optimally within that framework. Follow these simple steps to get started:
1. Right-click on your chart and select "Settings..."
2. From the drop-down menu, choose "Symbol" under the "Chart Settings" section.
3. Disable every item in the list to fully utilize the capabilities of "Hide Active Candle."
But wait, there's more! We understand that each trader has unique preferences and requirements. That's why we've included customizable settings within the script to tailor it to your specific needs. You have the option to adjust the following parameters:
- Countdown seconds left: Specify the number of seconds before the bar closes when the current candle becomes visible.
- Bull candle color: Select the color that represents bullish candles on your chart.
- Bear candle color: Choose the color that indicates bearish candles.
- Equal candle color: Define the color for Doji star candles.
- Theme: Opt for a dark or light theme, as the active candle mask will be based on your chosen theme.
- Custom hidden color: Personalize the mask color according to your preferences.
By fine-tuning these settings, you can create a trading environment that perfectly suits your style and enhances your decision-making process.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.