The Price Percentage Breakout indicator (P%B) is a technical analysis tool designed to identify potential breakout signals based on percentage changes in price. It helps traders identify significant price movements that exceed a specified threshold, indicating potential trading opportunities.
How it Works:
The Price Percentage Breakout indicator calculates the percentage change between the open and close prices of each candle. It compares this percentage change to a user-defined threshold to determine if a breakout has occurred. When the percentage change exceeds the threshold, indicating a significant price movement, the indicator highlights the breakout on the chart. Additionally alerts can be created by the user that display the percentage of the breakout.
To effectively utilize the Price Percentage Breakout indicator, follow these steps:
1. Apply the P%B indicator to your chart by adding it from the available indicators.
2. Customize the input settings to suit your preferences. You can choose the color for highlighting the breakout and set the percentage threshold for detecting breakouts.
3. Observe the bars on the chart:
- Bars highlighted in the chosen color indicate potential breakout signals.
4. Interpret the breakout signals:
- A breakout signal occurs when the percentage change in price exceeds the specified threshold. This suggests a significant price movement.
5. Consider additional analysis:
- Combine the breakout signals from the Price Percentage Breakout indicator with other technical analysis tools, such as support and resistance levels, trend lines, or candlestick patterns, to confirm potential trade setups.
6. Implement appropriate risk management strategies, including setting stop-loss orders and position sizing, to manage your trades effectively and protect your capital.
Note: The Price Percentage Breakout indicator provides insights into potential breakout signals based on percentage changes in price. However, it is recommended to use this indicator in conjunction with other technical analysis tools and perform thorough analysis before making trading decisions.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.