Currently looking at a long term (weekly) downtrend vs a shorter term uptrend (daily)
- Hitting daily support at $45
- Hitting lower daily bollinger band
- Somewhat negative signal on RSI, but nothing confirmative
- No earnings or dividends for 2 months - price will be more affected by technicals during this timeframe
2 trade possibilities
1. if long term...
Chart has notes, trend lines, and trading hypothesis. Note that my trend lines don't use strict candlestick high/low marks - they use high/low CLOSE values, and I try and have them cross through as many high/low close values as possible to confirm trends.
Looking for short confirmed breakdown below 38.85. Below that there is no support until around 38.22.
1. Double bounce off upper down trend
2. Didn't sustain rally after earnings
3. Broke bullish 4H MA down
4. Currently in a 4H downtrend and creeping on the convection point
No RSI confirmation either way, indicator is neutral.
The overall market correction is pulling everything down - at least for the short term (1-4 weeks), but for CIBC the fundamentals bulls will line up with the technical bulls around May 17th. Depending on Market conditions this could be a major swing for CIBC. Notes on technical analysis are in the chart.
I try to keep my charts clean and use only common,...