I'm feeling some extra motivation today(was it the coffee or red bull?) so I decided to browse through the high coins again. I've had some private requests for a ETHBTC diagnosis anyhow. So without further delay here we go!
I drew up a Fib retracement from a swing-low( low price with higher lows on both sides) on 23rd of January all the way up to our recent swing-high candle( high price with lower highs on both sides) on the 1st of February. Sometimes I like drawing these retracements, because when coupled with historical resistances, , and other indicators, they can be very powerful tools for market exit/entry.
As you can see, the 0.618 Fib line has been of particular interest, having been tested at LEAST 5 times. "Testing" means the top part of the may have went above the Fib line, but did NOT close above it. One could argue it happened even more than 5 times, but regardless, 0.618 is proving to be a short term significant resistance.
On the other hand you have the short term positive trend (green dashed line). This green little guy has been tested at least 3 times. Important to note: when you DRAW a line between two points, it does not become an actual TREND until it gets "proven" at least 3 times. Such is the case here. As I just mentioned, when and significant Fib lines meet (yellow circle), amazing things can happen.
Other indicators, such as the are signaling that this may be tested at least once more. it may even be broken. If the later is the case, then any potential long position is negated and the bears will take hold. However, if the test of the trend holds up as it has in the recent past, a breakout could be in order. Remember: price action would have to CLOSE above the 0.618 Fib line to mean anything. The top of the candle wick going past it would just further prove the 0.618 Fib as a strong resistance, and would provide evidence for a downturn.
Now is NOT an amazing time to buy ETHBTC. I am simply noting a "long" position because if you had bought earlier, I wouldn't drop out just because this temporary drop in price. I would advise to put your stop-loss just below the green if you are very conservative or just below the 0.786 if you're feeling a little more aggressive.
I will update with any new developments.
Best of luck. Stay healthy!
As I said before, not a great time to BUY. But, if you did buy, It would be wise to still hold until something more definitive happens at the support/resistances.