Some people are getting confused when they read my material and compare it to traditional ichimoku trading analysis, strategies and tactics.
I trade my own method which I call 'The Panoptic Method" and I use ichi to do that.
So please don't get confused thinking that I don't know what I'm talking about, this is a different approach to what you will read elsewhere.
Please direct your questions to that chart so that everyone can benefit.
I am still getting 90% of the questions either in PM or on my charts. It would be good to choose the good ones and direct them to the June's question log
Goodluck to you and my fellow traders and thank you!
When you trade with ichi, please do not look at more than your trading timeframe. You don't need to. Ichi is already showing you 3 timeframes, what more do you need?
So for you, just look at H1 and go with whatever is happening there. Forget all other timeframes.
As for the signals you are talking about, they are not enough for me to judge what is going on. I have to see a chart because my first consideration is price itself which ichi engages with so strongly to produce its lines.
Tank you and good luck
When you want to look at the higher TF, you want to know where their KS is . So
1. future SSB is showing you the median of the last 52 candles. that is the KS at double your TF (that's just 52 candles to the left from the last candle)
2. Current SSB is showing the KS at triple your TF (that is 52 candles to the left of CS)
So you have a lot of info about what is going on above you
The market moves in cycles so every time a cycle is over I renew my zones. These cycles are sometimes price related and sometimes time related and sometimes price and time related
As for how I decide to buy and in which zone, that depends on the strength of the market. The weaker the market the deeper the zone and the lower the signal level and visa versa. The strength of the market can be gauged by the depth of the past retracements in comparison to the KS
Thank you again
1. pips between the stop loss and the KS X 2. See where that takes you
2. Look for the nearest weekly pivot point and set your target there
That should make you an overall winner. Please do not change the TP though
Current SSB is the kumo base line at the current candle. It shows you the median of the 52 candles if you start counting from the CS and go left.
SO why is this value important?
Well, because if you compare it to the future SSB you will be able to look at the market from a very strategic level.
To clarify, i will give an example...
Let us assume that I am trading the daily TF.
The current candle is telling me what happened today. I can compare it to yesterday to figure out the short term trend.
So what do I do if i want to look at the longer term trend. Well, then I can compare the current SSB to the future SSB. or even the CS SSB to the future SSB.
The second option is actually a comparison of the past 52 days with the 52 days before them (days 53-104). So it is like looking at 2.5 month candles (imagine that)
The first option is a comparison of the past 52 days to the 52 day from CS (days 26-78)
I know it is a bit complex, but if you understand it you will be able to understand so much more about the longer TF just by looking at your chart and at these 3 values and comparing them
I hope I explained it well enough
Ichi Trader buddy, here's my GBPUSD live example, welcome your feedback,
1) KS turning down and breaking the lows of last 26 bars during this morning session (Also price below the cloud, trend bias Downwards). Since the price was way of the KS, so I waited patiently and set up a SELL pending order as shown in the picture.
2) After a few hours wait, the price retraced back and triggered my pending order nicely.
3) Potential TP 1.44150, and maybe deeper...
Please give me a nudge if anything I missed out, Cheers!
I expect to see price visit the WPP before starting to take any meaningful direction. So the WPP is up above you and i would have postponed my trade till after that event.
In our case, off course this event will actually complicate things even further but let's not get into that now
So nice, but I would have waited before trading H1 until that issue was settled
1.How do you combine St. Andrew Pitchfork with Ichimoku? Both of them uses median line.
2. Pivot point is (H+L+C)/3. In ichimoku, TS,KS and Kumo contain H and L value. Only ChikouSpan value is Close price. If it's not special, what is your pivot point calculating from ichimoku?
3.Do you have any work on ichimoku mechanical system ? KS breakout Kumo or Close breakout Kumo else CS cross price? Which of them is more accurate.
1. no. Ichi uses median values at every candle for each of its lines / the PF uses a median line projected into the future and unaffected by new candles. They both gauge the vibration of the market and that's why I combine them
2. I did not understand the question
3. The standard ichimoku signals are problematic because they do not consider what the market is doing. Therefore, they sometimes work and sometimes don't. So if u trade the same signals in every market state you will lose. That's what EA's do. Therefore, all the signals are good and bad