Over a year ago I began to closely watch signals of an algorithm (not mine, took it from Bipoon platform) on Bitcoin and some major alts such as eth, ltc, xmr and zec. It was kind of manual front-test without real trading. In majority of entries results where pretty decent.
Now I want to run a real-trading experiment using this algo (let’s call it “Hydrogen”) and trade BTC/USD:
- Open trade – automated (using Hydrogen’s BUY/SELL signal)
- Close trade – manually (Take Profit – 3-7% depending on market , SL – depending on market conditions)
- Hydrogen usually generates 2-5 signals/week
Few goals of this experiment:
1) Will this approach using both auto- and manual trading bring some decent profit over statistically significant amount of trades and time? If Yes, so what’s ROI in %?
2) Will Hydrogen and I beat HODL strategy?
3) Hybrid trading mode (auto- and manual) vs Fully-automated trading
I’ll post BUY/SELL signals and my manual exits here. You are welcome to use them anyway you like but be cautious because it’s still an experiment ;)
P.S. If you have any ideas/suggestions feel free to leave them,
entry was at 7711 (max runup is 365 atm)
2) BTC is in the range: 7920-8020. Let's assume that the probability of breakout in both directions is 50%
So, I decided to close the trade and wait for another signal (see the next idea): 7952