gjmullen

MONERO BACK TESTING A TRADE STRATEGY

POLONIEX:XMRUSD   Monero / U.S. Dollar
Monero is one of many protocols that presented excellent opportunity for growth / savings in the last bull run.
Using the strategy I came up with below there were opportunities to capture massive gains.

Stacking crypto responsibly. (of course this is not financial advice)

Apply 50% rule for purchases
- purchase initial position using half the amount you want to invest
- only ever purchase more if the price falls by 50%, using half of the remaining amount
- you have an infinite number of times to purchase
- apply the same formula to any new crypto position

Apply the 10% rule for withdrawals
- sell 10% if position does 100x
- sell 10% (of the remaining 90%) if it doubles from there
- sell another 10% (of the remaining 81%) if it doubles from there and so on
- you have an infinite number of times to sell

Specific example:
- lets say you had $1000 to buy Monero in 2014
- buy 500 at $1.00
- in the next 15 months you would have bought 500 more at .50 cents
- and 500 more at .25 cents
- you now have 1500 monero (cost $875)
- in 2017 you sell 150 at $50.00 ($7500) (100x your average buy price)
- sold 135 Monero at $100 ($13,500)
- sold 120 Monero at $200 ($24,000)
- sold 109 Monero at $400 ($43,600)
- now you made $88,600 by selling roughly 1/3 of your original $875 investment.
- the remaining 986 Monero has roughly never been worth less than $50,000 and for a very short window of time it could have been sold for $493,000 in addition to the $88,600 you made along the way.

I currently apply the same formula to DGB , ETN , XRP, ADA , XLM , RSR, MFT , MATIC, LAMBDA, PRO, ZIL, VET, and some other less known cryptos.

Stack responsibly

People should pay me for this course! ha!

Do you think there will be many cryptos that 100x, 200x, or 500x in the next bull run?

I think so. There might even be a 1000x in there somewhere.
Interesting way of laddering. So at what price you started accumulation of Monero Again (Or other coins ? :) )
Reply
gjmullen SlavicChartist
@SlavicChartist, any price for any coin, although it may be better to buy on really red days, or after some significant pull back. For instance Monero is down 100% from June peak, and 80% from the 2018 high. $50 could be a good place to start. Then $25, $12.50, and so on. It may never reach those areas, but at least there would be a plan in place if it does.
Reply
gjmullen gjmullen
@gjmullen, correction: Monero is down 50% from June peak.
Reply
@gjmullen, Nice, thanks, started with 2 coins, hopefully we reach 25usd at least to fill bags.
Reply
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar Shows How It Works Chart Features Pricing House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Charting Solutions Lightweight Charting Library Help Center Refer a friend Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Refer a friend My Support Tickets Help Center Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out