1. This strategy is designed for same day SPY option scalping. All profit shown in back testing report is based on Profit/Loss (P/L) estimates from trading options with approximately 6 months of data. By default, it is set to 10 option contracts. By default the initial capital is set to $5000. Pyramiding is set to 3.
2. This strategy works better with non-extended market data.
3. This strategy is mainly developed for SPY trading on 5 min chart, it probably will not be very profitable with other tickers or time frame without tweaking all the parameters first.
4. This strategy will work with QQQ as well, but please adjust the profit multiplier to match the P/L of QQQ options.
How it works:
When trading the indices, many rely on the TICK for market directions. This strategy is a trend following strategy that uses a combination of conditions using the following indicators:
For entries, the conditions are:
1. TICK moving average crossover with a delayed signal line
2. or signal, > 50 for , < 50 for
3. must be above a certain threshold to take advantage of high market
4. Price must be on top of line for long, and below for short
For exits, there are 3 scenarios:
1. Stop loss set by a percentage of the daily ATR value
2. Trend changes on the TICK and the
3. or on price with TICK
This strategy automatically signal to close all trades at 3:50 pm EST at the end of the day.
- There is an option to show P/L for reinvesting profits
Enjoy~!!! Let's all make $$$
- this helps manage over-trading
Added blue and orange triangles to indicate TICK reversals
PayPal - paypal.me/PtGambler
ETH - 0x68Aa6cA8d63926195eFaAcDA722168110eEA5862
You can reach me privately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/uauUj2R4uB
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.