This script in conjunction with some chart settings changes can completely hide the active candle, only showing historic candles, thus, reducing risk of cardiac arrest and or panic attack.
What to do:
0. Make sure you are using a chart or this script won't work properly
1. Right click the chart and select "Settings..."
2. Select "Symbol" under the "Chart Settings" menu
3. Disable every item EXCEPT for the "Body"
4. Click on the boxes next to "Body" to access the color picker then change both box's transparency settings down to 0
(the script only colors closed bars, so the active bar will be present just transparent)
5. Right click on the price scale on the far left or far right side of the screen and hover the mouse over "Labels". If any selections have a check mark next to them click them to disable them (especially the "Ask & Bid" price setting since it tracks current price)
That's it! Instead of wicks the High & Low prices are plotted above and below the candles using a step line. It looks a bit strange at first but you'll get used to it. Check out the indicator settings to change the color and style of the High & Low lines.
***The statement could prove true for some but is mostly complete bullshit
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.