- Go long after the candle closes above the upper band. The lower band (alternatively, the lower band minus the 14-period ATR or the central line) will serve as a support line.
- Exit as soon as the candle closes below the support line.
- To manage the risk of false breakouts, a fixed stop loss is set to the value of the support line at the time of opening a position. When the support line moves above the position opening price, shift the stop loss to breakeven.
As an option, it is possible to allow long entries only when the slope of the Moving Regression curve is positive (and short entries when the slope is negative).
- Length and Polynomial Order define the lag and smoothness of the model.
- Multiplier specifies the width of the channel.
As the default model parameter values, I set those that I found to provide optimal risk / reward ratio on the (for both trending and range-bound market). However, the settings are very flexible and can be well-adjusted to particular market conditions. Feel free to play around and leave feedback in the comments!
Here's the original Moving Regression Prediction Bands script:
A word of caution: always be aware of the risks and do not interpret data produced by the script or contained in the preview chart as trading advice.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.