You can find the detailed explanation here by Thomas N. Bulkowski http://thepatternsite.com/GoldenTriangle...
1. price should be trading above sma50
2. when it touches sma50 first time , check the starting rallypoint of where it initiated
3. from the above point to current close , see if you have white space , then draw the triangle
4. then check for confirmation ( current should be greater than last 4 ) --- I have slightly changed this to fit into hourly strategy by adding condition close>vwap
1. Exit when close crossing down sma50 with at least 2% profit (slightly modified original condition)
2. stop loss is set to 6%
For the use of educational purposes only
2. Exit Rule has been modified --- Earlier exit rule was close crossing down sma50 with at least 2% profit. Now it has been modified to EXIT when VWAP is crossing down sma50 . This modification has increased the performance , profit factor and decreased number of Bars
3. I have also noticed that for growth stocks/FAANG , increasing the stop loss to 8% will keep you in trade to achieve better profit factor. I tested it for AMZN and AAPL on hourly chart
> Risk capital parameter has been added ... to find out the quantity of units to be purchased based on stop loss units
> initial stop loss line has been added ... purple color line
>comments added in entry and exit ... shows the stop loss value on entry and shows the profit point at exit
> Background color is changed , if the trade is in long position
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.