MAs obtained using a Laguerre filter tend to have much lower lag than MAs obtained from an or .
- Identify market regime (BULL vs BEAR)
- Smooth out a noisy signal (e.g. apply to , prices, log returns, variance, etc) without adding excessive lag
Highlight based on:
- Smoothed indicator > or < 0
- Derivative of the indicator ("speed") > or < 0
- Second derivative of the indicator ("acceleration" or "momentum") > or < 0
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.