Sherem
Long

BTC - a move after the VanEck ETF decision?

BITSTAMP:BTCUSD   Bitcoin / U.S. Dollar
BTC has really been in the doldrums since our last analysis. I have seen a lot of analysis that call for BTC to go to $4,000. A lot of these analyst's make a comparison to the 2014 bear market. However, in short, I think that comparison is just to obvious. If people were actively anticipating it going to 4k, why aren't we there yet? If you remember, I was in that camp and I think it would have gone there already if we were going to 4k. Think about those charts that are posted, every single one has BTC going to the moon after we hit 4k. If you think it's going to moon, why not start buying some now? It appears that is what's happening now as we carve out this bottom in conjunction with this ascending gold trendline I have outlined on my chart.

If we look at how this wedge pattern has shifted from a downward channel , to trying to form a descending triangle , to now basing out at the gold trendline . This shift along with the massive divergence on RSI and MACD that is forming lead me to believe that we will get a break to the upside. If we zoom out and look at the weekly chart, it appears this could be a massive continuation pattern. The first target after we break out will be to $10,000.

We do need to be mindful that if we do in fact break this 5.7k mark, we could very well have more downside in the cards and the next target before a rebound would be 5-5. 25k at the bottom of the channel here.

I am biased to the upside with what I am seeing at this point. My best guess for a major move to happen will be after the VanEck ETF decision by the SEC this month. I imagine we will have a similar reaction to when the other ETF's got sidelined. Nothing will happen after the annoucement, and then we will move up. There is no reason the SEC would approve the VanEck ETF at this point and it should NOT be a surprise to anyone that it gets delayed. If the market rockets down after that ETF gets denied it will be a clear sign of either manipulation or stupidity. In my view, the only surprise should be if this gets approved. Otherwise, the SEC will kick the approval down the road as long as possible cause that's what they do.

Happy hodling.

-Sherem

Sep 19
Comment: and please hit the like button to show your support, thanks!
Sep 19
Comment: last post for reference -
Sep 19
Comment: Also, The daily Hodl now has me as a featured author, check it out! https://dailyhodl.com/2018/09/19/bitcoin...
Sep 20
Comment: Looks like my post couldn't have come at a better time. This recent movement was because the VanEck ETF got postponed to Dec 29th per this article. there is also a link to the SEC article as well - https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2018/...
Sep 21
Comment: Lot of pressure at this 6.55k level right now, we bust this we are going to 7k rather quick.

Sep 21
Comment: We broke out of that channel. When we break 7k, there is nothing in its way until 10k. I don't expect it to go there over night, but gradually... There will be some resistance at 8k, but I will be holding until 10k.

If you are looking for a stop, put it below 6.2k. It might test that support area one last time before breaking out.

Sep 24
Comment: Monday update:
All my posts are not intended as financial advice, just me sharing what i am doing with my research and positions. Don't stress, pick your points and don't use leverage.
Happy to be here. I'd love to trade like you, even a tiny bit.
Most important thing for me is Direction, this will at least help me get in a trade with some positive expectations and results.
There is more things than pips/coin/or whatever, if you take care of the direction, the rest will look after themselves.
Reply
Do you mean come March?
Reply
Sherem oaksacorn
@oaksacorn, No, the decision deadline by September 30th where they will kick the can down the road.
Reply
@Sherem, yes. down the road was my point. thanks
Reply
BTC potential opportunities for both sellers and Buyers.

Reply
Really not too interested right now until the daily, and weekly, start looking better.
+2 Reply
A Goldman exec clarified the previous comments regarding their Bitcoin trading products.
I'm still seeing 5.5K coming soon, however the upside is looking better.
+1 Reply
Sheram you saved me and many others from delusion this spring. If you're bullish now I believe it. We won't see $5,000 or even $5,500. Fomo is definitely more in play than fud.

I won't hold for $10K though - we'll take a stop around 8.4 at least, or perhaps 7.5
Reply
Sherem BradFranklin000
@BradFranklin000, Glad to hear I saved you some money!
Reply
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar Shows How It Works Chart Features Pricing House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Charting Solutions Lightweight Charting Library Help Center Refer a friend Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Refer a friend My Support Tickets Help Center Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out