- Since April 2015, setup has been turning to neutral from . Price is still above a thick Kumo cloud, but Tenkan and Kijun have been flattish for some time now. Basically DXY has been trading in a wider range of 93,5 - 98
- Heikin Ashi shows some increasing bias early this week, but we need to see what will price do around Kijun Sen.
- In fact USD is not trending. It is a rangebound mkt. For continuation price should break and stay above 97,50.
- When something is not trending, will not help you, as the system was designed for trendfollowing. Right now the setup is neutral, with some (minor) bias
You can see we have had a lot of mixed and late signals given by IKH components. So purely following rules probably was/is not the best strategy. This is one reason I combine it with Heikin Ashi, with higher focus on price action (HA signals) around levels
- Heikin Ashi signal was ... until today: looks like we'll have a lower high and small body, after Price reached 96,50+ resistance around Kumo. haDelta/SMA3 also shows some loss off momentum, however still holding above zero line.
It is not trending, right now trades in middle of the range, picture is mixed. Hard to call now which way it goes next.
When you can't decide, and you don't have a clear signal, you don't have to bet. No one forces you to trade and to always have a position. If mkt is neutral, you can stay neutral too.