IvanLabrie
Long

EURUSD: Bottom's in

FX:EURUSD   Euro Fx/U.S. Dollar
20 days ago
Just wanted to document my trade entry...I think we have the bottom in the Euro             here.
See my related idea for more insight into the analysis.

Good luck,

Ivan Labrie.
20 days ago
Comment:
snapshot
20 days ago
Comment:
snapshot
20 days ago
Comment:
snapshot


The bs in EURUSD is disgusting...haha, right at London close, they go stop hunting.
20 days ago
Comment: (if we're not stopped out, we have very good odds of catching a sizeable rally)
Crossing fingers.
20 days ago
Comment: "if we get stopped out we'll have to try again after volatility quietens down.
It's possible, so I'm not too concerned, let's see if the stop is hit or not on Monday. If it reverses sharply, we'll be forced to reenter by then.
A possible solution, since we didn't stay up for the day is to reduce the position and widen the stop, or simply exit now and reenter next Monday after the Draghi speech. I leave that to your discretion."

Keep risk to 0.5-1% of your account size if the stop is hit. If you want to widen the stop, use a stop 100 pips under today's low and reduce your size to risk only 1% max, or 0.5%.

Watch it at today's close specially, if we close up for the day, we have less to worry about. Before the close, decide if you want to:
#1 Hold
#2 Widen stop and reduce size (100 pips under today's low
#3 Exit and reenter after the news on Monday.
17 days ago
Comment: Holding for now, didn't trim it yet.
17 days ago
Comment: I reduced size by 80% and removed the stop. I'll wait and see how it evolves before I add back to it.
17 days ago
Comment: I'm waiting for today's close to add back to longs...unless we have a spike after Draghi talks today.
16 days ago
Comment: I'm flat EURUSD for now, but watching. I think Silver's outperforming gold currently, and we are seeing AUDUSD outperforming EURUSD as well. Until we get a risk off rally, the rally in gold and the euro are suspicious to me.
I'm interested in getting involved, but I'll wait for now.
Also monitoring bonds for entry.
16 days ago
Trade closed manually
15 days ago
Comment: Price went nowhere for a couple days, not particularly bullish, probably awaiting a fundamental catalyst.
Gold and silver are acting similarly.
15 days ago
Comment:
snapshot


Again, stop hunting after options expiration in this case.

We'll continue to see this type of behavior for a while. I'd assume it's risky to trade gold, silver, euro, yen trying to fade the current trend before December FOMC even...

Next week, futures rollover, and also a bullish signal might trigger in these intruments (euro/yen/gold/silver). We can just trade the Euro, or only trade Silver, and it would be plenty, since they are all pretty much the same, specially in this market enviroment where they anticorrelate SPX with perfection.
Means risk on sentiment is strong, and #2 that there's foreign direct investment coming to USA.
15 days ago
Comment: What is the actionabl advice here?

Do nothing, if you want, trade one of these instruments, you can take your pick.
I'll try to go long USDJPY and USDSEK when viable, and try to buy silver next week if viable. No need to trade all of them. If you do, trade smaller.
If you're interested in joining my trading newsletter or private lessons, message me. I trade Forex, Equities and Commodities. Contact: skype @ ivanlabrie, PM here or QQ (2954487803).
RobbyWestHouston
20 days ago
Yep I agree...volume at price level and h-zone on monthly/weekly/daily with uptrend line support... 3 reasons to have a short term bottom...
+1 Reply
IvanLabrie PRO RobbyWestHouston
20 days ago
@RobbyWestHouston, I think it could be a lasting one.
Reply
vaicru PRO
20 days ago
Very good job Ivan.
I follow you.
+1 Reply
NITZRAM
20 days ago
im in!
+1 Reply
IvanLabrie PRO NITZRAM
20 days ago
@NITZRAM, good luck guys, let's do this!
Reply
vaicru PRO
20 days ago
I'm not stopped out, belive in rally
+1 Reply
ydaeyoung vaicru
20 days ago
me2, will get the rally!!@vaicru,
+1 Reply
IvanLabrie PRO ydaeyoung
20 days ago
@ydaeyoung, if we get stopped out we'll have to try again after volatility quietens down.
It's possible, so I'm not too concerned, let's see if the stop is hit or not on Monday. If it reverses sharply, we'll be forced to reenter by then.
A possible solution, since we didn't stay up for the day is to reduce the position and widen the stop, or simply exit now and reenter next Monday after the Draghi speech. I leave that to your discretion.
Reply
ydaeyoung IvanLabrie
20 days ago
@IvanLabrie, thanks ivan,i keep in my mind your advice.
+1 Reply
streetgainer
19 days ago
A bounce?....smh....
This is a moment in time where economics, metrics, and fundamentals along with some serious headwinds is about to trump (no pun intended) technicals. Trust me when I tell this, the 20 pip bounce you MIGHT get from this is not worth being on the wrong side of a fundamentally failing currency. This is projected to be in a steep, steep, selloff to parity. It's trapped and crashing under it's own weight. BUYER BEWARE!!
+1 Reply
krescht PRO
16 days ago
an back up again, same story, great view cheers
Reply
Ideas Scripts Chart
United States
United Kingdom
India
España
Italia
Brasil
Россия
Türkiye
日本
한국
Home Stock Screener Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators For the WEB Widgets Stock Charting Library Priority Support Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Private Messages Chat Ideas Published Followers Following Priority Support Public Profile Profile Settings Billing Sign Out