Here are ONE DOZEN negatives I see in-GDX, and why I feel this-ETF is a sell:
1. Sell Fractals in effect (red on chart).
2. jaws opened in tandem with sell Fractals. feeding in down-trend. THIS IS YOUR DIRECTIONAL COMPASS.
3. (under chart) is well above the 38.2 shaded area. This indicates a ZERO trend and, at best, sloppy action with a downward bias.
4. Phase energy (lower top indicator) is heading LOWER. The action is below the zero line. It failed at a rally and is now lower.
5. Momentum (top indicator) is the 5/34 measure, and this is action and is heading lower. Histogram within is also heading lower.
6. Prices are trading UNDER the . This is a sell signal.
8. Prices are trading below the Ki jun-Sen baseline of the . This is a sell signal.
9. Prices are trading below the thick red conversion line. This is a sell signal.
9. The red conversion line direction is heading lower. This is a sell signal.
10. The Ki jun-Sen baseline of the direction is heading lower. This is a sell signal.
11. The CHOP ZONE indicator (under chart) is red, indicating a down trend.
12. DMI-(above chart, middle) is showing red (sell) as the dominant force. The DMI-(black line) is flat to down. Note: the DMI-and-CHOP are in sync. NO TREND.
In my opinion-GDX is heading LOWER. I have given you a dozen negative signs as my objective evidence.
Because of the recent sell Fractals and other negative signs, its hard for me to envision GDX-heading into a new up-trend.
As always, good luck to you in all your trades. Don.