Anyway, I won't link it here (not sure about rules), but I just finished my first strategy while learning the language last night, and I thought I would share just the configurability aspect of it here to see what the community prefers:
Anyway, I added the following, within the strategy settings:
- Specify the year, month, and day of month to begin backtesting trades.
- Choose whether to allow short positions.
- Choose whether to allow long positions.
- Choose whether to use trend detection entrances.
- Choose whether to use range prediction entrances.
- Choose whether to include profit targets in the exits.
- Choose whether to include stops in the exits.
- Choose whether to use certain close conditions, in addition to the exit conditions for profits/stops.
- Specify the profit targets, in percent, separately for long and short positions (if used).
- Specify the tightness/looseness of stops, one for each of the four possible stops (trend/range and long/short).
- Specify the amount of starting capital, which changes maximum drawdown.
- Specify the quantity of shares to purchase per order...I tried doing more here, but could not get my idea to compile.
- Specify inputs to the standard indicators I used--ADX/DI and a couple moving averages.
What do you think? Even if it was a waste of time, I still had fun setting it up, and it was a nice introduction to using Pine, which I am very much enjoying.