Fixing the price below this level will mean the direction of the price to the bottom of the triangle, which is -12%. I also designated an important zone.
I have been trading this coin for a long time.
Here is an example of ideas and updates on this coin, but a couple of PPT / BTC
PPT Symmetrical Triangle. The first goal is 33%. Merged into 164 X! September 24th publication
+ 66% after 10 days
After 3 days, update. Potential + 38%
Break the triangle up. Update.
profit + 38% as indicated in advance in the update. Total profit was + 100%
Descending triangle. Short.
Break the triangle down.
Then I just didn’t do the update
Then the impulse + 68%.
Description of the figure "Divergent Triangle" (expanding).
The figure of the diverging triangle is not very interesting from the point of view of the trader, as it does not give him clear signals for opening a position. This applies to those traders who adapt to the market, or have a small position in the instrument on which this pattern is formed. In all other cases, the trader is forced to trade in such a figure and with his actions actively support its further formation. Very often, a reset of the position creates the formation of such a figure. If you are a trader who has no influence on the market and you decide to open a position, then you must do this when breaking the support / resistance line. Moreover, at this moment, the fact of the presence of confirming factors, for example: an increase in the indicators, closing of the Japanese candle outside the level of support / resistance, is very important. It should be remembered that in this formation there are often false breakthroughs of its borders.
This is not an easy model to trade. So, at the end of the pattern and breaking through the price of one of the levels, it is difficult to say whether a trend movement will form, or whether the price will again return to the triangle and go to the opposite mark. For novice traders, the appearance of an expanding triangle on the price chart should not be a reason to enter the market, since its instability can destroy the entire deposit. This is not for beginners. For beginners, it’s better not to trade.
If there was an uptrend before the formation of the “Diverging Triangle” figure, then after the appearance of the graphic model it is unlikely to survive. But it is completely unknown where the price will go further, whether it will form a new trend.
Inside the figures, they say it’s difficult to trade. On the contrary, I always trade exactly inside the figure. Peaks of waves inside the figure are in most cases shaded. This model is very common on low-cap altcoins. This is one of the most profitable figures with proper trading. How very often waves form inside the figure for a large percentage step. If you are a trader who controls the price, in such a figure it is easy to confuse the crowd, introduce uncertainty, create greed, because each subsequent wave is higher.
Definition of the "Divergent Triangle" figure.
1) The lines of move apart at an angle.
2) The line of resistance of the triangle has a slope and moves up. Each wave maximum inside the triangle is higher each time.
3) The triangle support line has a slope and goes down. Each subsequent minimum should be lower than the previous one.
4) There are no strict forms. The shape of the expanding triangle itself can be from the shape of an isosceles triangle to the shape of the in the opposite direction.
Features to which you should pay attention when forming this model of a figure.
1) There must be a minimum of 4 points of contact 2 touches to the ascending line of resistance and 2 to the descending line of support. Then later touch points on both sides should tend toward the horizontal center of the triangle. And it is worth noting that the more points of contact, the more reliable the figure.
2) The of trading as the formation of the figure should increase. The “Expanding Triangle” figure, in contrast to other triangles, changes in the trading indicators on the contrary, that is, the increases as the expanding triangle forms.
3) If inside the “Expanding Triangle” (component of the triangle wave) the price increase is accompanied by an increase in indicators, then it is most likely that the figure will be broken up. And vice versa, if inside a symmetrical triangle a price drop is accompanied by an increase in indicators, then most likely the figure will be broken down. Do not forget to look in the tape of sales. The chart may show a "fake" that imposes a market maker. This is especially true for instruments with medium and low capitalization.
4) The ideal moment for a breakthrough is considered to be the moment starting from half to 3/4 of the figure. A break in the first half of the figure, as a rule, turns out to be premature, and in its last quarter, most likely, will be insignificant.
5) The "diverging triangle" triangle is a figure of the continuation of the trend. Most likely, the price will break through the support / and go in the direction of the trend. This is in most cases. The direction of the price movement depends on the side on which the price has left the figure. Therefore, the direction of the price movement into which the triangle made its way, rather than the previous trend, is more important.
6) the proximity of significant levels of support / resistance can also affect the direction of price movement.
7) If the upper resistance line has been broken, it becomes a support line. The broken bottom support line later becomes a resistance line. Sometimes after breaking through the price as a result of correction may temporarily return to this line.
8) The breakthrough of the figure should be convincing. It is desirable that a breakthrough in the direction of the dominant trend be accompanied by an increase in trading . When breaking against the trend, a sharp increase in trading is a prerequisite for confirmation.
9) An important breakthrough is not so important, namely, fixing the price outside of support / resistance.
10) The goal when working out the “Expanding Triangle” after the breakthrough is equal to the absolute value of the widest part of the triangle added to the price exit point. Similarly, the target is measured when trading inside the triangle and it does not matter in long or short.
11) This is the only triangle that allows you to trade very profitably inside the figure, because with each new wave inside the triangle everything is higher, therefore the profit potential is greater. If we assume that an “Expanding Triangle” is being formed, and that the formation of the figure has not yet been completed, then it makes sense to open a counter position from the or in the expectation that the price will reach the opposite side of the triangle.
The target of working out the figure.
We open positions in the direction of breakdown if the closing price of the bar is higher or lower than the sides of the triangle.
We postpone the target level from entering the position by the width of the triangle.
I often trade precisely inside the triangle. This is a dangerous trade. To understand what will happen to the price, you need not only to look at the chart, but also into the actions in the glass of orders and the purchase-sale ribbon. Trading inside any triangle is not for beginners.
Trading inside the Expanding Triangle.
If we assume that an “Expanding Triangle” is being formed, and that the formation of the figure has not yet been completed, then it makes sense to open a counter position from the or in the expectation that the price will reach the opposite side of the triangle. Analogy is like trading in channels.
This trading model, as for me, has a high coefficient of positive outcome. This is very effective on altcoins with small and medium capitalization.
Shape shaping and change.
The “Expanding Triangle” figure, in contrast to other triangles, changes in the trading indicators on the contrary, that is, the increases as the expanding triangle forms.
If inside the triangle (component of the wave of the triangle) the price increase is accompanied by an increase in indicators, then it is most likely that the figure will be broken up. And vice versa, if inside the triangle the price drop is accompanied by an increase in indicators, then most likely the figure will be broken down. Do not forget to look in the tape of sales. The false for the chart can be "drawn" for deception. More details in the section on price management.
You need to work according to logic and do not forget to look at the purchase and sale stream to understand what is really happening there. An ugly picture on a chart does not mean that in reality everything is so bad.
A lot of factors can influence the probability of breaking through the price of a particular level: the type of the previous trend ( / ), support / resistance lines, the proximity of significant support / resistance levels, news ...
There is a variant of developments, there are more probable and less probable. Properly seizing these options and being prepared for the opposite outcome of the situation makes money.
No one will know the future for sure, even the one who creates it.
I was speaking with another trader the other day who told me, "I think you're over thinking your trades. A trade is a trade." Of course, nobody can say what is the threshold for 'over-thinking'. The best trades are made after far more thinking than actions. Execution of the trade is supposed to come after a whole load of preparedness and analysis - like the expert martial artist who prepares for battle for months or years, and wins the fight in much quicker time. But what people say and what people do are different things.
In the examples of your functioning as a trader, I see you are doing the business really right. I'm learning a lot from you. It doesn't matter to me if your setups do not go the way you estimate in terms of probability - the markets are always there to surprise us. The trick is in limiting how wrong we are. But the chances of success are increased nonetheless, with well thought out setups like yours.
You are a true inspiration.
Everything else is a casino game. People lose money because most of them play in casinos in trading.