China's has been calling to defend 7 for the last couple years, but they barely had that calls for this year. Even though it was a joke to call China a non-currency manipulator.
Here's my bold prediction:
1. China will strictly tighten their currency flow, way tighter than it even had before.
2. They'll keep CNY and CNH apart from each other.
3. 7 is just a psychological number, if they are trying hard to defend their export, 7 or maybe 8 is totally acceptable for their economy.
4. DXY is still strong even though Trump trying so hard to it down.
5. The most likely pattern it shows is pattern, on weekly and monthly chart.
6. Trade war will eventually ends with a 'deal', it's just both two nut heads won't claim the 'loss' on their media.