USDJPY - Pull back, but how deep it can go?

FX:USDJPY   U.S. Dollar / Japanese Yen
229 2 6
- JPY has lost almost 60 % ag USD in last 2,5 years
- US rate hike is priced in (if it happens at all, I don't know)
- Japan macro figures have started to improve (Retail sales, consumption, CPI             )
- BoJ is still dovish, but I have the feeling they already have the Exit Strategy from QE: they will simply buy all bonds,Japan will finally do a 70 % haircut on its debt or completely erase it which will not be a default, since they will hold it all as domestic. Maybe that part which is still held by some intl investors/institutions will be either paid out or will be swapped to new issues.
- When global risk off hits mkts, JPY tend to perform quite well. (unwind of carry trades, etc.)

So, my point here is that ok, the trend is Bullish . But ljust like in case of equities I do not see a lot more juice in this ccy to be squeezed. I don't say it can not spike to 128-130, but from now on I think we should become less and less bearish on JPY. Maybe it is not that sht any more as it looks like.

- Bullish Ichimoku setup, bullish trend . Kijun Sen is catching up to price. Ultimate bullish support will possibly be around 116-117,50 (as trendline and Senkou B will catch up higher later)
- Heikin Ashi signal turns bearish . The pull back started two weeks ago, we saw some hesitation last week and it looks like a bearish continuation now, but this week has just started.
- Within the major bullish trend channel we also have a possible bearish wedge , which together with Kijun Sen makes 120,85 level even more important

- Ichimoku setup has turned back to neutral, Price breaks below Kijun Sen and tests Kumo support. Weak bearish Tenkan/Kijun cross. Watch the possible wedge! In case lower side is broken, which also means a Kumo break, then sellers can take control and push price towards 118.
- Heikin Ashi signal is firm bearish now, pull back in progress.

Waiting for the fill...taking a long time.
Today should do it I guess.
My take?
It will hit the weekly kijun sen level and reverse.
I have two limit buys at 121.915 and 120.644 respectively, invalidation below 119.372,
Looks like a potential rally into the 137 area until the end of the year, minimum retest of the high.
EN English
EN English (UK)
EN English (IN)
DE Deutsch
FR Français
ES Español
IT Italiano
PL Polski
SV Svenska
TR Türkçe
RU Русский
PT Português
ID Bahasa Indonesia
MS Bahasa Melayu
TH ภาษาไทย
VI Tiếng Việt
JA 日本語
KO 한국어
ZH 简体中文
ZH 繁體中文
AR العربية
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Cryptocurrency Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Stock Charting Library Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing My Support Tickets Contact Support Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out