BITMEX:XBTUSD   Bitcoin / US Dollar Perpetual Inverse Swap Contract
I believe that it is possible to beat the market through a consistent and unemotional approach. This is primarily achieved through preparing instead of reacting. Click here to learn more about how I use the indicators below and Click here to get my complete trading strategy! Please be advised that I swing trade and will often hold onto a position for > 1 month. What you do with your $ is your business, what I do with my $ is my business.


My most recent Bitcoin Bubble Comparison led to the following predictions: 1 day - 28 days = < $5,750 | bottom prediction: $2,860 by 10/30

Previous analysis / position: “BTC’ looks like it has found support and should bounce to the $6,750 area before continuing the downtrend. However, alts are currently breaking down and there is a good chance that they drag BTC’ down with them.” / Short ETH:USD. Took profit on 33% of position improving my average cost basis to $317.37 per ETH.
Patterns: Descending triangle
Horizontal support and resistance: S: $6,150 - $6,180 | R: $6,290
BTCUSDSHORTS: Appears to be pulling back and forming a lower high.
Funding Rates: Longs pay shorts 0.01% (first time in a while it hasn’t been shorts paying longs)
12 & 26 EMA’s (calculate % difference): 12 = -3.87% | 26 = -5.85%
50 & 128 MA’s: 50 = -8.96% | 128 = -11.55%
Volume: Still waiting for volume spike to set off the next move
FIB’s: 0.886 = $6,137 | 0.786 = $6,383
Candlestick analysis: Inverted hammer then a doji now a hammer is forming. Indicates indecision and upcoming volatility
Ichimoku Cloud: 4h C-Clamp
TD’ Sequential: Current candle will price flip if it closes > $6,181. Red 9 on the 4 hour.
Visible Range: Currently testing point of control ( POC ) with 2m - 1y lookback.
BTC’ Price Spreadsheet: 12h = +/- 0 | 24h = +/- 0 | 1w = -6.52% | 2w = -10.34% | 1m = -0.63%
Bollinger Bands: After testing the bottom band a return to the MA at $6,739 is to be expected
Trendline: N/A
Daily Trend: Chop
Fractals: Up = $7,426 | Down = $5,866
On Balance Volume: Moving down with price / no div’s
ADX: Bear trend
Chaikin Money Flow: Pulling back from resistance
RSI (30 setting): W = 48.53 | D = 43.88
Stoch: Bearish re cross on weekly. Buy signal on daily.

Summary: There is nothing to do at this point other than to wait. Ideally we will get a sharp spike to $6,700 before breaking down. A shakeout before the breakdown would speed up the process and allow for some very good short entries.

If that doesn’t happen then we will likely continue to consolidate for days - weeks. Prolonged sideways action can drive traders up a wall and/or put us to sleep. Do not let that happen to you. Set price alerts and regularly check in on the charts.

If we get a bounce then be ready to short it. If we continue to consolidate then develop a plan for what you will do if we do not get a bounce. My suggestion is to key an eye on EOS. I am going to be shorting it against BTC' and ETH in the coming days/weeks.
Thanks for you're consistent updates. There is significant downward pressure with EMAs and MA's crossing on a few TF's, maybe we do get a small bounce to "pull" into them but ultimately I am reluctant to see weeks of consolidation here, I think we will have resolution or at the very least a prelim "fake-out" within hours to days max.
Reply
I look forward to your updates every day. Will continue to stay patient and game plan for both scenarios. Keep up the good work!
Reply
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar Shows How It Works Chart Features Pricing House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Charting Solutions Lightweight Charting Library Help Center Refer a friend Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Refer a friend My Support Tickets Help Center Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out