In today’s #marketinsights video recording, I talk about #GBPUSD and #EURUSD #FXMajors
#Pound surged higher yesterday following headlines that Nigel Farage, Brexit Party's leader, will not contest Conservative seats ahead of the Dec 12 elections! On the economic front, the UK was marginally away from a recession, the latest GDP figures showed. With #employment...
In today’s #marketinsightsi video recording, I talk about the rise of optimism around US-Sino trade and how it could impact #USDJPY until the two leaders meet next month.
On top of the latest #Trump related flows, the pair will be affected perhaps positively from this week's #FOMC meeting as markets are expecting the Fed to cut interest rates again!
I also picked...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #GBPUSD and #EURUSD #FXMajors!
GBPUSD Dragged down by:
- BoJo push for an early election on December 12
- Increasing likelihood of October exit failure
EURUSD Under Pressure as:
- ECB reiterates downside risk, stubbornly low inflation
- Draghi hints to fiscal policy measures
EURGBP could move a tad lower to complete intermediate wave 2 near 0.8480 before continuing higher. The said level is the 100% FE of the first minute degree zig-zag and could be duplicated as minor X was somewhat dominant.
Look for a valid reversal above last zig-zag's minute b wave but expect minute c to complete first. Minute c should be truncated to support...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #GBPJPY and #EURGBP #FXMinors!
GBPJPY Supported by:
- Increasing expectations EC will grant January extension
- BoJo win in case of early election
- Weak safe-haven flows
- Japan manufacturing to 3yr low
EURGBP Under Pressure as:
- Investors eye ECB and last Draghi meeting
- Disappointing Business Climate...
In today’s #marketinsights video recording I analyse #GBPUSD, #EURUSD and #USDCAD!
Another failed Johnson attempt to get Parliamentarians to vote supports the #pound as now chances of an extension increase! Both an October exit (highly unlikely) or an extension could see mainly #pound and in a smaller degree #euro gain.
Meanwhile, in Canada Trudeau won the...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #SPX and #DXY #Indices!
Equities and Cash Indices are both affected by growing confidence surrounding #tradewars, #Brexit and of course, the upbeat US earning reports that keep coming out!
With Mr Trump expecting a #tradewar deal by the middle of next month and BoJo willing to push through his latest EU-agreed...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #EURUSD and #GBPUSD #FXMajors!
Pound Bid on Brexit agreement with EU. BoJo nee's to break DUP and opposition resistance and get deal through Parliament. Expected over the weekend!
Euro supported by positive news and despite Germany revised GDP downward. Risk appetite up in general with #Aussie, #Kiwi, #Loonie...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #XAUUSD and #WTI Oil!
Gold Lower on:
- Brexit optimism despite running out of time
- Banks reporting good Q3 results, and equities rising
- US-Sino on a stalemate, allowing new-coming flows to take over
Crude Oil Lower on:
- IMF downgrading growth again, again
- Dismissed excitement surrounding limited trade...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #GBPUSD and #AUDUSD
Pound Lower on:
- Highly complex proposal for a double customs system
- Nothing substantial or "workable" submitted to EU
Aussie Lower on:
- Tradewar shift, again, as tariffs part of the limited deal
- Phase one not documented, China needs confirmations
Head of Investment...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #SPX500 and #DXY
SPX Bid on:
- US-China limited deal
- Brexit front optimism
*Performance depends on deal details and US earnings!
US Index Down on:
- Trade optimism
- Fed willing to cut again
And despite UoM was upbeat!
Head of Investment Research
This analysis is provided as general...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #GBPUSDand #USDCAD FX Majors!
GBPUSD records best day in months
- Johnson-Varadkar see "pathway to deal" by end of October
- Despite GDP and MAnufacturing data disappointed
USDCAD down on tradewr optimism
- Trump changed mind and now is open to a partial deal
- Willing to and will meet He on Friday to resume...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #gbpchf and #audjpy minors!
Both pairs are showing an identical pattern and are indeed influenced by:
- Tradewar tensions but latest from positive developments on the back of a potential partial deal Chinese are willing to do
- Positive Home Loans in AU and negative BoJ Corporate Goods Price Index...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #wti #oil and #gold
Gold and Oil affected by (what moves gold up, weakens oil):
- Tradewar tensions after Trump imposed visa restrictions to Chinese officials
- A worsening growth outlook for global economies
- Potential early election in the UK as hopes of Oct resolution fade away
- Fed's short-term bond...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #GBPUSD and #USDCHF
#GBPUSD moves on:
- BoJo plan optimism on Commons
- BoJo plan falling flat on Good Friday agreement threat
- BoJo plan creates new borders, still seen as backstop
#USDCHF looking bearish on:
- Weak ISM NMI
- Increased chances of rate cuts
- HIgher fears of recession
All eyes on NFP today!...
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #EURJPY and #GBPCHF
#EURJPY looking bullish on:
- Expectations of further BoJ easing
- Poor JP consumer confidence
- Soft BoJ monetary base
- Good German PMIs and EA Inflation
#GBPCHF looking bearish on:
- Expectations of a strong franc
- Poor UK construction PMI
- Fresh BoJo proposal sentiment
In today's #marketinsights video recording I analyse #EURGBP and #USDRY
#EURO and #POUND pressured from Stronger DOLLAR:
- Following Trump transcript release
- Partial deal with Japan
- Close US-Sino deal Trump comment
- ECB's Germans board member quitting
#EURO also pressured from:
- Spanish PPI
- US-EU tensions
- EU-UK tensions
#POUND also pressured from: