The MarketGod Indicator for Tradingview sets the standard for any Buy & Sell indicator available in retail trading. By combining dozens of strategies derived from the study of technical analysis, this indicator will reliably deliver insightful alerts to your market of preference, as well as any time-frame to your liking here on Tradingview. The buy and sell alerts are optimized by Pine v4, the most recent programming language that is native to this Tradingview platform. We've been actively managing, maintaining and improving this script since 2019, and the results continue to improve as the experience we have grows with it.
This Indicator combines every script we've ever published into one powerful tool. This script ALSO includes the scripts published by our old Tradingview account, u/TVMarketGod
Over time, we have released dozens of indicators and versions of our tool. Between the indicator and the strategy alone, we have over 1000 versions in our database / repo with little to no source control originally implemented. That said, we have thousands of users who prefer different tweaks and changes we’ve made over time. We’ve put the core and most popular releases into the main version of this tool and will potentially expand this when the feedback is coming in from our users. The versions included with this release are the following
- MarketGod v1
- MarketGod v2
- MarketGod v3
- MarketGod v4
- MarketGod v5
- MarketGod v6
- MarketGod v7
- MarketGod v8
- Ichimoku God
Strategy and Study Upgrade to v22.214.171.124 | October 5, 2020
- Removal of Label + Plot options - will remain only as "Plot" visibility with similar options on text changes available. Note the ToolTip level suggestions that were released with the labels will still remain present. Simply hover over the candle around the buy/sell plots and see the same 'buy/sell level around XYZ"
- Adjustment to inputs to reflect prior versioning.
- Indicators put in sync
October 14, 2020
One Substantial Change has been made.
Complete change of the input source from the combo of ha-candles to solely close of OHLC
- This will enable the alignment of MarketGod versions in the past and the current tools.
- We still expect some inconsistencies with previously published tools, some better and some for worse. (Will adjust accordingly, Note that MarketGodx² is substantially different than original release)
Release v1.2.0 - October 15, 2020
Surprise Release - Ichimoku God for Tradingview
We have re-introduced the Complete Ichimoku Trader from our first days on tradingview, a script that was developed by user @KingThies_ in early 2019.
The Ichimoku Trader will appear in the menu of this MarketGod study and strategy, and will trigger the standard buy and sell alerts that users are used to. Note that the Chop Filter will not impact the Ichimoku God results.
This release also includes fixes to multiple bugs we are now clear of, which were caused by using the incorrect source on many of our core components to the tool.
Thank you all for your continued support through our updates.
October 19, 2020
- Scripts Affected: ALL
- Major Revert to the following inputs: MGv7.2.6, MarketGodx², MGv6 Beta & MGv5
- All Alerts Require reset. This will be significant improvements to the premier versions of these tools
email email@example.com for support.
October 26, 2020
- Upgrades to strategy to include date window. will add time for intraday next
- Updates to the alert system noted in discord
- Expanded Functionality, Accuracy & Reliability
- Less Noise, Accuracy on lower frames
- Added SL/TP functionality (strategy only)
- Added intraday testing by adding time-based entry rules (strategy only)
- Consistent input across versioning
- Users can switch to various marketgod releases by simply adjusting the settings in the user menu. While v8 is our recommendation, we acknowledge that users of previous releases prefer a given indicator for their market of choice and we enable them to continue using them if they'f like. The indicators are ideally progressive, in that the versions released most recently are intended to be more reliable than their predecessor, so new users and those who are without preference are recommended to use most recent version we have created, which is MarketGod v8.
- The difference in the versions on a technical level is the buy and sell criteria assigned to each. For example, v7 and v7.1.0 may have the same buy and sell criteria, while v7 and v8 are unique from each other entirely.
Plots & Labels
- Label Size: Requires 'Label Type' to be set to 'Labels' (defaulted to 'Plots').
- Label Text: Applicable to plots and labels, can be adjusted to preference of "Buy/Sell", "Long/Short", "Up/Down", "♕",
Dynamic Price Plotting
We have added new options for the complete customization of how users utilize our tool
- Colored/Highlighted Candles on the Buy/Sell Candles
- Colored/Highlighted Background on the Buy/Sell Candles
- Dynamic Price Lvl Suggesting
- Hover your mouse over the candle an alert appears on and see the recommended entry or exit level for a given asset.
Simplifying Chop Filter Value
Since its introduction in MarketGod v7, the Chop Filter has been a preference of our users who typically lean towards liking its flexibility. That said, it is an EHMA, HMA, SMA, TEMA, EMA combination and the use of it is simple .... the higher the value, the less-frequent the alerts....usually.
- We wanted to simplify this as it is reportedly confusing for some...so we have turned it into a switch that users can remove or add in which we have pre-programmed the recommended length for the value, but users can still toy with the value when the Chop Filter customization switch is enabled.
- We plan on upgrading this as more data becomes available on what values apply to specific markets.
Intraday Trading Time-Based Trading (strategy only)
- Users can backtest a given time period by enabling this date/time feature on the Strategy version of the indicator. The Time is defaulted to UTC 00:00 and can be disabled/enabled in the user menu.
Stop Loss Take Profit (Strategy Only)
- Users can enable/disable the stop-loss & take-profit functions in the settings menu on the strategy add-on. The SLTP is percent based and will close an order of an open position at the requested % set.
- You are using the 1-minute chart & a signal appears. We recommend you allow that candle to close & confirm the trade, before confirming the alert.
- You are using the 1-month chart & a signal appears. It is likely a big enough move inbound, to make the decision to trade the chart in real time.
January 5 2021
Removal of 'potential to repaint' warning that came with a "bar_index" function in the source code, derived from the newly added user trend label that displays various bits of info to the chart. We identified, solved and removed this issue in 160 tests of trial and error.
MarketGod does not repaint.
August 6, 2021 | Release v3.0
Release Notes to MarketGod for Tradingview (release v3.0)
1. — Release v3.0 of both the MarketGod indicator and study are published and live as of August 6, 2021.
2. — The changes to the study are purely aesthetic and will not impact any buy and sell criteria being used in an automation of trading program.
The changes published to the study are a majority of aesthetic changes as well, although its important to note that the take profit and stop loss functions have been completely redesigned, rebuilt, and therefore affect any systems in place involving the strategy. This upgrade aims to remove the clear discrepancies between each tool, which will keep them equally aligned for the various releases and changes we are implementing by the beginning of 2022, including the release of MarketGod v9.
To access the indicator, users will simply need to refresh their browsers/charts on Tradingview, and re-add the tool to charts.
We DO recommend resetting alerts, as this minimizes potential for ghost alerts, and maximizes your success with the MarketGod Indicator.
Fixing an accidental buy and sell parameter removal that changed almost everything about the algo.
August 31, 2021
1 — First, we have adjusted the logic on the date testing toggle to operate as needed.
2 — Second, this update also adjusts the price variable that triggers an alert on the study, so users automating the script can use alert variables
3 — Lastly, this update will give the study the ability to calculate what the exits *would* be on a take profit / stop loss, also playing into the alert variable functionality mentioned in #2
MarketGod for Tradingview (strategy)
Release 5.0.0 | July 27, 2022
We are pleased to announce that MarketGod v9 for Tradingview is published and available for use in the invite only section of the Tradingview indicator library.
We have improved various components of the tools and hope they perform as well as we expect. Two primary new features we’ve added include
- Buy & Sell (Short & Long) Only Modes
- Improved Stop Loss and Take Profit functions (now with lines and labels)
Since the release of MarketGod v8 in Jan 2021, we have been noting and working on fixing minor bugs that have appeared in various independent trades when using the indicator/accompanying strategy. After careful consideration, we have finalized an upgraded indicator for our users on Tradingview called MarketGod v9.
These changes and upgrades should provide solutions to all known bugs and give an even better user experience, notably on low time frames or when using the stop-loss and take-profit functions that are more functional from the indicator settings menu.
All existing users of the MarketGod Indicator are able to add the new tools to their charts at this time.
Start Trading with MarketGod
- Register for our trial program here →link in signature
- Purchase lifetime access to the indicator here → link in signature
Upgrade Existing Scripts
- We recommend deleting all previous alert settings to clear all ghost alerts from the table
- Refresh your browser or desktop app
- Navigate to the invite only section of the indicator library
- Select either of the scripts published by MarketGodx (do not use search bar).
- If you do not see the invite only section but are an existing user, email us for support → link in signature
Adjusted syntax on plotshape calls
Changed default from fixed contract trades to cash based (adjusted initial capital from 2500 to 2500 and trade size)
Access to this script is restricted to users authorized by the author and usually requires payment. You can add it to your favorites, but you will only be able to use it after requesting permission and obtaining it from its author. Contact marketgodx for more information, or follow the author's instructions below.
Please note that this is a private, invite-only script that was not analyzed by script moderators. Its compliance to House Rules is undetermined. TradingView does not suggest paying for a script and using it unless you 100% trust its author and understand how the script works. In many cases, you can find a good open-source alternative for free in our Community Scripts.
To access this script New users - visit marketgodx.com/trial Current users - refresh your charts, and add from 'invite only' section of indicator library.
Warning: please read before requesting access.