- NNFX = No Nonsense Forex
- Baseline = Component of the NNFX Algorithm that consists of a single moving average
- Baseline ---> Meant to be used in conjunction with ATR/C1/C2/Vol Indicator/Exit Indicator as per NNFX Algorithm setup/structure. C1 is 1st Confirmation Indicator, C2 is 2nd Confirmation Indicator.
- JMA (Jurik Moving Average) is used for the baseline and slow baseline.
- A slow baseline option is included, but disabled by default.
- The faint orange/purple lines are 1.0x/1.5x ATR from the Baseline, and are what I use as potential TP/SL targets or to evaluate when to stay out of a trade (chop/missed entry/exit/other/ATR breach), depending on the trade setup (in conjunction with C1/C2/Vol Indicator/Exit Indicator)
- This script is heavily based upon jiehonglim's NNFX Baseline script for signaling, barcoloring, and ATR.
- SSL Channel option included but disabled by default (Erwinbeckers SSL component)
- POC (Point of Control) from is included/enabled by default for both the current timeframe and 12HR timeframe
- 03.freeman's InfoPanel Divergence Indicator was used a reference to replace the current/previous ATR information infopanel/info draw from jiehonglim's script. I'm not sure whether I like the previous way ATR info was displayed vs how I have it currently, but it's something that is completely optional:
- Specifically: I am tuning this baseline/indicator for 1D trading as part of the NNFX system, for Forex.
- DO NOT USE THIS INDICATOR WITHOUT PROPER TUNING/ADJUSTMENT for your timeframe and asset class.
Note about lack of alerts:
Alerts for baseline crosses (and other crosses) have been purposefully omitted for this version upon initial publication. While getting alerts for baseline crosses under certain conditions/filtered conditions that eliminate low-importance signals and crossover whipsaw would be great, it's something I'm still looking into.
SPECIFICALLY: There are entry, exit, take profit, and continuation signal components in relation to the Baseline to the rest of the NNFX Algorithm stack (ATR/C1/C2/Vol Indicator/Exit Indicator), including but limited to the "1 candle rule" and the "7 candle rule" as per NNFX.
Implementing alerts that are significant that also factor in these rules while reducing alert spam/false signals would be ideal, but it's also the HTF/ - visually, entry/exit/continuation signal alignment is easy to spot when trading 1D - alerts may be redundant/a pursuit in diminishing returns (for now).
// jiehonglim, NNFX Baseline Script - Moving Averages
// // Fractured, Many Moving Averages
// // everget, Jurik Moving Average/ JMA
// // 03.freeman, InfoPanel Divergence Indicator
// // Ggqmna stops
// // Libertus Divs
// // ChrisMoody, CM_Price-Action-Bars-Price Patterns That Work
// // Erwinbeckers SSL Channel
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.