IvanLabrie

ETHEUR: Update

KRAKEN:ETHEUR   ETHEUR
We had massive moves in DAO and ETH pairs today, due to the news regarding a problem with the code in the DAO.
Apparently, the uptrend is still in place, but there is a lot of fear in the air right now. This is the right enviroment to buy dips, and as you can see the support is holding for now (see green triangle and the dashed lines).

Technically speaking, I think the uptrend isn't ready to resume in full force, since we don't have sufficient time spent at these upper echelons (can't blame me for using the term :) ) to prove that there is re-accumulation before uptrend continuation as per the 'Time at mode' rules.

That being said, for as long as we're making 1 new high every 5 bars, we're technically in an uptrend, and for as long as the red dashed speed line holds, bulls are still present in this pair. For now, I reccomend holding ETH if you own any, if you were margin called out of your positions (like I was), sadly you're out with some loss. This brings me to the topic of leverage and crypto trading. If you consider the average volatility these instruments have, paired with the exchanges' problems, right at the worst possible time, you can conclude that is better to just buy the coins with cash, withdraw from the exchange and wait to sell when your price targets are hit, which will force you to adopt smaller position sizes, and trade from a longer term perspective.
I hope you found this useful, I'll keep updating this chart once I see clear signs of the uptrend resuming.

Check out my updated track record here: http://pastebin.com/6CyyqnPT

If interested in my trading signals, or in personal tuition, contact me privately. I'm offering a considerable discount on a packaged course which includes access to my private trading signals list for a year.

Cheers!

Ivan Labrie

Link to Tim West's chatroom: https://www.tradingview.com/chat/#c8BzrhGRvXxGXWnJ
We discuss setups like this often there. Feel free to stop by and subscribe to his indicator pack. If you have any questions ask.


Risk disclaimer: My analysis is provided as general market commentary and does not constitute investment advice. I will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise             directly or indirectly from use of or reliance0.57% on such information.
Comment: The speed line support broke down with force, this doesn't bode well for ETH...I'd say it's 'dead', but well.
Comment: My bad, I misjudged one element of price action. Actually, while above 8.8 we have some odds of moving up. We could aggressively buy with stops there, but it's risky.
We'd need to wait one week to fully confirm if the uptrend can resume from here.
Comment: A follower's question inspired an important answer and information to keep in mind:

"Technical analysis will show you the market's reactions to the fundamental events. I agree time needs to pass. At least I'd need 1-2 weeks before I can safely long ETH again, and a few things would need to happen, as triggers, for me to take any position.
So, in a way, I'm responding to fundamentals, as observed in the market's reaction, and not my own personal interpretation. This is what technical analysis does for me.
The fact that we broke my technical uptrend support, means something fundamental changed and the perception of ETH is now negative. At one point, it'll turn around I think, because, the problem is with DAO and not ETH directly, and because the chart is set up in such a way, that it still makes it possible to expect uptrend continuation from here.
I'll update it as we go, for now, better stand aside."
Trade active: I'm long with 25% downside risk. (you can use a 25% trailing stop)
Comment: (I'd favor ETHBTC over ETHEUR mind you...the position is in ETHBTC not ETHEUR)
Comment: Up from 0.0165 to 0.0171. Not huge progress, but I like the reaction to the upside in ETHBTC, while BTCUSD falls.
Comment: Excellent progress...anyone caught this trade?
Trade closed manually: Taking profits here is ok, or at least partially.
I caught it!
Reply
IvanLabrie PRO AgustinAlbertengo
Awesome!
Reply
Any update on ETHBTC chart?
Reply
IvanLabrie PRO awe.investars
I'm posting here mainly. ETHBTC seems to have bottomed (etheur, maybe too, but less safe).



snapshot


Notice the 2 key levels here: 0.0222 and 0.0167.
Reply
awe.investars IvanLabrie
Thanks Ivan.
+1 Reply
IvanLabrie PRO awe.investars
Welcome.
Reply
IvanLabrie PRO IvanLabrie
Sidenote: notice the 'rubber band' behavior when dipping down and then back up above these levels.
Reply
so basically is you are saying that is better to buy ETHBTC instead of ETHEUR? Why is that, i'm new to trading?
Reply
IvanLabrie PRO AgustinAlbertengo
It's because I want to short BTC, but I also want to buy ETH.
Reply
Does technical analysis makes sense now? I mean, reputation was damaged of ETH, also "hackers" are threatening to take legal action if soft/hard fork will be implemented. On the other hand, if forking will be done, as I understand people would start questioning the actions of the team behind ETH. In turn affecting reputation.. What I am trying to say is that fundamentals are affecting price action much more at this point. Am I wrong?
P.S. I am noob at trading, but I am just trying to think that this situation needs time to play out. At least 27 days until the attackers could move coins or the forking will be implemented.
Reply
United States
United Kingdom
India
Deutschland
España
France
Italia
Polska
Brasil
Россия
Türkiye
Indonesia
Malaysia
日本
한국
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators For the WEB Widgets Stock Charting Library Priority Support Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Priority Support Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out