The Band Protocol is a decentralized oracle framework for blockchain dapps.
Band Protocol is a cross-chain data oracle network that aggregates and connects real-world data and APIs to smart contracts. Blockchains enable immutable storage and deterministic, verifiable computations — however, they cannot securely access data available outside the blockchain networks.
Band Protocol enables smart contract applications such as DeFi, prediction markets, and games to be built on-chain without relying on the single point of failure of a centralized oracle .
Band Protocol is a very, very exciting project with serious potential. This is for one simple reason: oracles are necessary for any sort of useful decentralized application to work.
Along with the recent price surge, the number of active addresses in a day reached a new all-time high. On September 1, 1.6 thousand addresses were active, surpassing the previous record established on August 10 of 1.58 thousand addresses.
This is indicative of positive network development and may imply that the upside momentum may gain traction in the long run. However, the short-term technical picture is less optimistic.
☑️🔷 If you are on DeFi you should own BAND (undervalued & new alternative to LINK)
1. If you are on DeFi long term like I am, you should own at least one of the liquid oracle solutions ie LINK or BAND as a way to get broad exposure to DeFi.
2. BAND is emerging as the most credible alternative to LINK. This is illustrated by the partnerships BAND has been able to win despite its short history. This is good for DeFi long term as multiple oracle solutions are needed.
3. With so many DeFi projects in the works, the opportunity set for BAND is much bigger than it was when LINK launched 3 years ago, so BAND should be able to scale more quickly.
4. DeFi is going to be big in Asia for obvious reasons and BAND is one of the few legitimate DeFi projects in Asia. In a short time span, it has built a strong and growing community.
5. Staking of BAND will be enabled shortly as a means to incentivize validators/data providers. This will bring the added benefit of reducing circulating supply near term.
6. With a circulating mkt cap of $20M and a liquid mkt cap of $100M (1.5% and 3% of LINK mkt cap), BAND can go up 5-10x and still not be expensive.
7.BAND is only listed on fewer exchanges than link, . If BAND continues its current trajectory, we can expect additional listings on other major spot exchanges later . It is already supported on binance and Coinbase &..Custody.
👉This analysis is my personal opinion and you are responsible for your own trades or invests.
❤️with Best Regards and successful trades.......