High-beta momentum type stock
Lack of daily volume reflects:
• weak market
• uncertainty re rates and war
• traders consolidating high-risk names
Appears to be a good size increase in short interest 5.67M shares as of 2/15/2022, almost 2 days worth of average trading volume
Market disrespected recent earnings release. Sold-off on strong...
I like it for the long-term and I can't pick an absolute bottom with any level of certainty.
FOMC rate hikes and Putin media headlines will continue to provide day to day volatility, but I'm putting some cash back in.
Believe $PYPL will be trading higher 12 and 24 months out; level of conviction = 80% +
I did buy enough shares so I can write covered calls ......
Starting to look extended, but more upside appears baked-in.
Contra-trade idea is $NRGD or $DRIP, but $WTI can stay extended for a while.
$100 probably a psychological resistance level and will garner much prognostication on TV.
Putin/ Ukraine will be headline event trigger, causing spike ($GUSH).
See a chance of $WTI pulling back into the linear regression...
Equity Put Call Ratio spiked 5 times and remained above average for 28 trading days (or 38 calendar days) during the initial q1 2020 Covid sell off, Feb 24 to April 2nd.
Let the selling play out. Looks too early to turn bullish, but everyone appears to be rushing to the same side of the boat (and peering over the side saying that water looks cold and...
Rising price of new and used cars making significant contribution to recent headline inflation numbers.
Carvana down 60% from all time high posted in August 2021.
Opened $CVNA trade 1/14/22 in anticipation of an oversold bounce. Would have preferred to see it trade-up for most the recent week but didn't want to wait.
Tight stop warranted ... and plan to...
Could easily sell off more, but I opened a $80 March spread on Friday at $35.5 (44%).
Option execution somewhat expensive but I like the risk reward.
Wanted to add risk prior to upcoming earnings releases early February.
Also took long call positions in $OKTA, $NTNX and $GOOGL
I want to buy this stock but will wait for a lower price level. Also concerned as to the catalyst that could push it lower (i.e., lower price due to: broader market weakness, or company specific news, or credit concerns for BNPL?)
This is getting rough. Most likely fear, uncertainty and doubt about the Taper ... but also in part attributable to interest rate fears, inflation, Covid variants and ongoing pandemic, valuations.
"FUD" is the key word here. Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.
"Can't catch a bid on the buy side" and continues to be thrashed whether Nasdaq is up or down.
Selling might be overdone, but $MELI could be headed for $970 (not my prediction). This is a momentum (or lack thereof).
I keep hoping the volume will fall off, or that we'll just have an up day.
Long and trying to hold ...
Monthly chart showing $TWTR has spent most of its public life trading below $45. Anchored VWAP (monthly) from IPO till current date is $34.45.
And note that Twitter has spent most of 2021 trying to erase the share price gains of February 2021, one of its best months on record.
However, it's an important media (content delivery) company and has shown the ability...
Selling pressure has been phenomenal from November 15th and fairly strong from the recent high of $1970 late August.
Short-term movements are unpredictable, so consider this stock a better investment than a trade at this time.
Broader market showing weakness ... and I anticipate increased volatility in $NDX.
Might have a strong buy opportunity immediately...
The secondary was approximately 2% dilutive in number of shares. But the market has assessed a 12.5% share price reduction, and appears to still be searching for a new level, perhaps lower.
Cautiously optimistic that most of the selling related to this equity offering will abate by Friday this week. But not sure we aren't experiencing broader selling in...