Silver's triangle is well displayed here using the "highest lows" and "lowest highs" to create the pattern.
Silver is rallying for a number of reasons:
1. Start of a new quarter (7.7% decline in 3rd Qtr)
2. Delayed reaction to Russian bombing in Syria
3. Concern over a weak US jobs number today
4. Realization that the Fed won't tighten (raise rates)
1. Buy the mid-point of today's spike rally in the next 5 days. 14.29 is the current middle of today's advance.
2. Exit at 15.54 target or in Mid-December when the time of the triangle runs out.
3. Stop out at 14.08, an average range below the apex of the triangle.
14.51 last @ 12:11PM EST October 2, 2015
The triangle in blue is 43 bars (trading days) and is really 61/62 calendar days (including weekends and holidays). If the rally is measured off of the triangle, that's how long it will last.