Fundamental LogicStrategy Scores:
- Strong signs for CAD +22
- Weaker signs for CHF -27
- Retail sales 1.1% increase by 0.1%
- Core retail sales increased by 1% massive jump for consumer consumption towards GDP
- Manufacturing sales 2.1% increased from -0.2%, this is a big component for exporters, more sales meaning higher consumption...
Fundamentals picking up for GBP with a falling price. This shows the intrinsic value of GBP is yet to be priced in, waiting on technical confirmations before entry.
- Candle formations
- Higher Highs
Any confirmation towards the upside.
Fundamentals suggesting strengthening signals for GBP as the scheduled data releases all higher than previous.
Waiting on a technical entry, too early to jump in. Be patient and wait for a confirmation for higher success.
LogicStrategy Quant scores shifting in favour of GBP, compared to the weak score provided for CHF.
- This was following the recent decrease in unemployment in the UK down to 3.8% from 3.9%.
- CHF PPI dropping significantly to 0% with a forecast of 0.2%
- CHF retail sales dropped significantly this month, down to -0.7%
- SVME PMI down for CHF to...
CHF fundamental data isn't looking great, however, the recent trade talks may push the CHF higher as investor sentiment flocks to safer currencies. Will emotion take control of price or will the weak underlying value of the CHF take into effect on the price.
The recent trade negotiations could cause an upwards thrust in USD if all economies agree to a deal by the end of the month.
Additionally, the quant scores suggesting some longer term leading strength until otherwise.
Technicals provided on chart
LogicStrategy quant scores suggesting a reversal in EURNZD. Potential high risk trade idea going against the recent trend. Safest stop looks like 1.7195 however with greatly reduced reward.
Fundamental Quant Score: +33
- Retail sales grew to 1.2% showing consumer confidence in South Africa
- PPI breached forecsats by 0.1% which is healthy for producers
- Interest rate decisions had no signs of dovish action so investor money flow should continue flowing into South Africa
- Trade balance showing a huge surplus
- Daily Sell...
Fundamental Quant Scores dipped to a negative -3
- Continuuing Jobless claims increased by 6,000 suggesting more US citizens are claiming credit to help support their lifestyle.
- Latest GDP for Q4 showed a less than forecast outcome missing it by 0.2%
- Pending Home sales a huge leading indicator dropped to -1% when forecast to stay above 0
If you get involved in provocative acts, saying ‘foreign currencies will strengthen, this will happen, that will happen’, you will pay a very heavy price - Erdogan
Fundamental Quant Score +60
Fundamental Quant Score -4
Investors seek reforms, fear populism
Lira initially weakened 2.5 percent
Shares rise 1 percent (Updates lira, adds London...
- Quant Scores shifted against USD by 10 points which suggests more weakness to come next month
- Building permits and housing starts much less than forecast which can affect many other factors of growth such as jobs, lending and business confidence
- Consumer Confidence heavily lower than forecast suggesting the US consumers are less confident in the...
- Quant Scores shifted against USD by 10 points
- Building permits less than forecast showing a potential slowdown in approved housing
- Supported by a negative result in housing starts which can affect many other factors of growth such as jobs and money supply
- Consumer Confidence heavily lower than forecast suggesting the US consumers are less confident in...
Strong fundamentals in favour of EUR
- CAD NAFTA Agreement with US likely to have less trade due to reduced investment in the US
- FOMC mentioned in their recent statement that they would not raise rates, investors will seek to move money into other securities to find higher returns on investments
- This hurts Canadas economy due to US being a major trade partner