1. Just crossed the 2wk and 4wk MA - this is a indication + we have been below the 3m MA for several weeks unsurprisingly since brexit.
1. Realised Vols have also unsurprisingly come off, this would but but brexit has distorted the longer dated HV and they are lagging - Implied vols are steepening higher than HV - particularly around the 2wks as BOE vol prices - so IV is greater than HV in the front end which is , especially around BOE where we expect ALOT of pressure going into the BOE as easing is expected.
1. We Trade at the bottom of the 6m deviation channel but this is due to brexit so shouldnt be considered . Looking at the 3m SD channel, this is more appropriate and shows us trading at the average 3m price - hence there is definitely more room for downside and we have just crossed the middle regression line implying we are entering some downside deviation now.
1. 25 delta Risk reversals trade marginally for GBP$, with current at -0.1, 1wks flat at 0.02 and 2wks at -0.5 - this is surprising given BOE is coming up - one would expect a larger skew to one direction - since this isnt the case it could be 1) the market is neutral on the decision e.g. not sure of the result or 2) given we have 2wks yet investors are yet to postion in the option market, which they will next week - ill keep you updated on the vol/ option space biases.
- Though 1m risk reversals trade with a clearer downside bias a -1 and 2m at -2 which shows the market expects GBP$ to trade lower in the 1-2m term - which makes sense given the economic uncertainty + BOE Easing potential.
*Check the attached posts for indepth fundamentals*