Oil sell off down to $38?

FX:USOIL   Crude Oil (WTI)
Following on from my last chart, it appears that corrective wedge/triangle has now completed and we are seeing an impulsive selloff.

My initial target was towards $42 a barrel, however given how strong the bears have been in the development of the "waves" we saw in the triangle, I suspect we could now go as low as $38
Any suggestions, I hold long positions in crude should I close now or wait for 61.8% retracement ?
What sort of contracts? Futures? If you're holding futures I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy some puts for insurance purposes. I'm of the view that the sell I'm expecting is counter trend... so long term I would look to be long, which is why I hesitate to just say "sell them".

Ultimately it has to be your decision on what you want to do, but I personally would be inclined now to have stops just under 44.75 following today's action and see if we manage to get a little bounce higher. Given that the bulls appear to be quite weak at the moment, a retracement back to 61.8% is the IDEAL of what I would like to see, but I think there's a higher than 50% chance that it won't happen.

Although please note, I can't legally give you any trading advice, nor should any of this be considered as such. If I was personally holding crude long now I would prefer to buy some put options for cover over the next 3-4 weeks, but failing that I would personally be holding stops just below 44.75 as of today's action.

Best of luck and thanks for your question. :)
KayJay max_andronichuk
Thank you Max for the advise... :) Keep on posting such wonderful ideas :)
United States
United Kingdom
Home Stock Screener Forex Signal Finder Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators For the WEB Widgets Stock Charting Library Priority Support Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Private Messages Chat Ideas Published Followers Following Priority Support Public Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Sign Out