BTCUSD, 10 year notes and Gold: Are they ready to fall again?

BITSTAMP:BTCUSD   Bitcoin / U.S. Dollar
This is a simple analytic piece on Gold , Bonds and Bitcoin . After the Fed meeting yesterday, the market clearly decided the fears of low rates and weak dollar were justified, with a very dovish Fed, and gold and 10 year notes rallied (and quickly chinese buyers followed suit in BTC ).

The interesting part is that gold has yet again broken the recent highs, which like we were discussing in the 'Key Hidden Levels' chatroom, might be warning us that there is a Megaphone type pattern unfolding here, contrary to popular belief that this is a consolidation before a giant uptrend starts in Gold .
The gap up in ZN1! is really remarkable here as well, it might give way to a very strong topping pattern soon.
BTC has hit a monthly resistance, but is currently above it. I'm waiting for the month to close to more precisely determine when to short it (if at all). For now you could maybe trade shorter term long setups in it, although it might be dangerous in this climate.

The bottomline is, that for gold and 10 year notes to top, we needed mass hysteria to reach the boiling point and I think this might be it. We'll need confirmation to enter shorts, but if you're long, look to trail your stop or get out, that's my personal reccomendation. The same is true for BTC longs.
I'll update the chart once we get a good short setup in either of these instruments.


Ivan Labrie.
Comment: As expected gold turned down for the day, after a sharp rally into the highs. We can either short now with stops above today's high, or short under the low after the close. Keep in mind this is a very aggressive short entry, so risk only half.
Comment: Good progress. 10 year notes were a clear short. Gold should fall soon as well, BTC is just starting.
Comment: BTC is finally reacting down.
Comment: And yes, BTC did drop from here, let's see how it evolves.
Trade closed manually: Take partial profits or get out of shorts now.
Comment: BTC might be bottoming. I'm long with 10% downside risk.
Comment: -this one was spot on...-
+1 Reply
Thanks, hope it was a useful publication.
malotiin IvanLabrie
It was ;)
Great. Posting update now.
abail IvanLabrie
so, in your opinion btc will rally again?
It might find support, accumulate for a while and then rally again. Maybe the timing aligns with fundamentals (probably once the halving is out, or slightly before it).
what are your targets down for BTC currently?
IvanLabrie BitcoinGuru
Hi, I have no targets now, but the level price would return to eventually would be 450 roughly.
BitcoinGuru IvanLabrie
ah ok - well the current support as of now for me:
4842cny or $720
4496cny or $660 (should hold for the rally to continue)
3588cny or $550 (strong support from 2014 - where we will consolidate before another rally)
IvanLabrie BitcoinGuru
I haven't shorted it yet, not sure I would. I'd simply sell (which I did a couple days ago).
EN English
EN English (UK)
EN English (IN)
DE Deutsch
FR Français
ES Español
IT Italiano
PL Polski
SV Svenska
TR Türkçe
RU Русский
PT Português
ID Bahasa Indonesia
MS Bahasa Melayu
TH ภาษาไทย
VI Tiếng Việt
JA 日本語
KO 한국어
ZH 简体中文
ZH 繁體中文
AR العربية
HE עברית
Home Stock Screener Forex Screener Crypto Screener Economic Calendar How It Works Chart Features House Rules Moderators Website & Broker Solutions Widgets Stock Charting Library Feature Request Blog & News FAQ Help & Wiki Twitter
Profile Profile Settings Account and Billing Get Help Ideas Published Followers Following Private Messages Chat Sign Out