- The funding a 36-year stream of expected inflation-adjusted spending requires over 38 years of money up-front;
- Every single decile of S&P 500 components is at record valuation extremes; https://www.hussmanfunds.com/wp-content/... amount of leverage in the system (U.S. equity markets) is now easily the highest in history, by any measure, not just in absolute terms! (relative to GDP, etc. Margin Debt/GDP = Margin Debt/Market Cap x Market Cap/GDP Showing insane over-valuation across the board!);
- In a world where speculators now value the stock of bitcoin at one-fifth the value of the entire U.S. monetary base;
- The current SPAC mania is identical to the South Sea Bubble in as much as: "Let them see not what they do!";
- In an economy with $11 trillion in corporate debt at $58 trillion in equity market capitalization;
- When U.S. Market Capitalization exceeds 263% of U.S. GDP (the norm, not the low, being 78%);
Anyway, this is likely a here.
The technical picture (projection) is rather strait forward here.
As it happens, it also coincides with every reliable, forward measure (leading indicator), projecting a *** minimum decline of 70% in the SP500 *** upon the completion of this next full cycle.
That 70% projected decline would be nothing more than a run-of-the-mill, garden variety return to historic norms. E.g. Absolutely nothing special or out of the ordinary. - Which is why it is projected as a *** minimum decline ***.
(If its any consolation, the Dow (DJIA) should fare worse but at the end it will be a little difference without distinction.)
- This happens;
at the bottom (update) of this post;
- The Nasdaq is leading the whole US Index complex lower ....
... 6 strait weeks in a row - and without any sign of relenting;
From this post;
- The FAANGs are on a relentless march Down vs. the DJIA;
- When even the 18 Central Banks (led by the SNB) that (re)inflated U.S. Equities, in a coordinated manner, are at a point that *** they uniformly refused to purchase any more Nasdaq stocks since February, 2021! *** (Source; The CME's own Central Bank Incentive Program (“CBIP”))
- When according to the "talking heads (on MSNBC, etc.)" a collapsing U.S, Trade Balance "... is the sign of a vivarant economy.";
- When no less than three mammoth hedge funds/traders/positions get *** force liquidated *** in one short week - as in; last week;
- When U.S. Housing Starts (a leading indicator) suddenly post a 2 STD decline;
- When the total Market Cap of the top 1500 companies, that were unprofitable for each of the past 3 years, reaches $2.5 Trillion;
- When U.S. Fed. purchases of Mortgage -backed Securities suddenly takes on an exponential increase;
- and so on...